Thursday, May 19, 2011

Planning, Planning, and More Planning

Immediately after receiving my acceptance email into the marathon I loaded the Marathon Training Program in my "Run Coach Pro" app on my iTouch to see what I was in for. I want to be fully prepared for everything. I have alot to learn and I want to make sure I don't miss anything.

This past weekend I made my way over to Road Runner to get properly fitted for my running shoes. They offer a service where they help you find the right shoe based on your gait. I found out I needed a stability shoe. (See my beautiful kicks below!) I also got fitted inserts, special running socks, and my running log journal to keep track of my miles.


(If it's possible to be in love with shoes...I am IN LOVE with these! I can't wait to run in them!


I begin my training on Monday, so this weekend and next week I am going to start planning out my meals. In addition to getting through this injury free, it's very important for me to get my nutrition right. Lucky for me I have a lot of experience writing up meal plans and playing around with macro-nutrients, so I look forward to doing that.


I also have downloaded the podcast Marathon Training Academy which is exactly what I was looking for...a podcast filled with information for people new to marathon training. They offer great tips on training, running clothes, stretching, nutrition, injuries, and they even sometimes do interviews with some amazing people. This one guy they interviewed did 63 Marathons in 63 Days!!! The event was documented in a film called "FEAT" that I definitely plan on watching!


This Saturday I signed up for a 5k...maybe I'll break in my pretty little sneakers...

1 comment: